Christopher A. Jarvis
Attorney, Immigration Law
600 N. 85th Street, SUITE C-101, Seattle, WA 98103
(206) 817-6870
Home Page
Work Visas
Family Visas
Marriage/Fiancé Visas
Student Visas
Greencard Questions
Travel Visas

2015 Special:
Canadian-American marriage:
$1,500 fee (+ costs)

Student and Tourist Visas

It's very important that students not only stay in status, but that they have some idea how to plan for their immigration needs after they graduate. I enjoy meeting with students and explaining options to consider after their studies end.

There are three different types of visas (F-1, M-1 and J-1) used for study in the United States. The most common visa is the F-1, which allows the student to stay for the duration of their studies.

Properly maintaining student status can eventually lead to an H1-B work visa (please see the information regarding work visas) or Lawful Permanent Resident status (i.e. "Green Card" holders.)

If you are a student who is in the United States, and wants to obtain a different type of visa, please send me an email: