Christopher A. Jarvis
Attorney, Immigration Law
600 N. 85th Street, Suite C-101, Seattle, WA 98103
(206) 817-6870
Home Page
Work Visas
Family Visas
Marriage/Fiancé Visas
Student Visas
Greencard Questions
Travel Visas

2015 Special:
Canadian-American marriage:
$1,500 fee (+ costs)

Family-Based Petitions (see also Marriage Petitions)

Through family-based immigration, a U. S. citizen or lawful permanent resident ( a "Green Card" holder) can sponsor his or her close family member for permanent residence. Depending on the degree of family relationship, the country of origin and current backlogs, the amount of time it takes to obtain permanent residency can vary dramatically.

Spouses, children who are under 21 and unmarried and parents U.S. citizens are immediately eliglible for permanent residence which includes unlimited U.S. employment authorization. You may be able to adjust your status while in the U.S.

All citizens or lawful permanent residents who sponsor a family member must have an income at least 125% of the federal poverty level and sign a legally enforceable affidavit to support their family member.

If you are a U.S. Citizen or lawful permanent resident who is marrying a citizen from another country, please click here.

For further information on how my Seattle-based immigration law firm can help you, please send an e-mail to me: