Christopher A. Jarvis
Attorney, Immigration Law
600 N. 85th Street, Suite C-101, Seattle, WA 98103
(206) 817-6870
Home Page
Work Visas
Family Visas
Marriage/Fiancé Visas
Student Visas
Greencard Questions
Travel Visas

2015 Special:
Canadian-American marriage:
$1,500 fee (+ costs)

Marriage/Fiancé Visas

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!

Each year over 200,000 marriages take place between U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents and non-U.S. citizens. Because a spouse is classified as an "immediate relative" under the law, there are no long waiting periods to obtain a visa as there are in many areas of family-based immigration.

However, because of the relative speed in obtaining a green card through marriage, the U.S. immigration authorities carefully scrutinize these unions. Before you obtain the right to enter the United States, whether just to get married or to stay permanently, you will have to go through a lengthy process of submitting application forms and paperwork. Many couples find this process confusing and difficult, but the process becomes much easier if you let me help you. For U.S. $1,800.00, (plus fees that must be paid to the government and other costs), my office will guide you through this confusing area. For assistance in this process, please send me an e-mail:

Fiance visas (K-1) are for U.S. citizens who wish to bring their fiances to the United States to marry. This visa allows the foreign citizen to enter the U.S., marry within 90 days, and apply for a green card in the U.S. You may also want to apply for a K-3 marriage visa for your spouse. These visas may allow you to bring your spouse to the United States quicker than the traditional immigrant visa route.

2010 Special: If you are a Canadian citizen marrying an American citizen, starting Feb 1, 2010 we are offering a special rate of $1,500 (plus costs) to do all the legal work associated with getting you a Green card and temporary work authorization. As part our services, an attorney will represent you at the government interview. Please contact our office for more details.

For information on how my Seattle-based immigration law firm can assist you, please send me an e-mail: